Sunday, August 3, 2008

Countdown to Clinical Placement


It has been quite awhile since I last blogged!
SORRY!
It has been 2 weeks since I got back from Malaysia and just finished my 2 weeks food service placement at John Hunter Hospital, Newcastle.

A lot of people asked me what I do in Food Service placement.
Well, it really depends on what kind of project I got.
I was really "fortunate" enough to get a project that involves HOSPITAL FOOD FREE TASTING!!! PUREED MEALssssssss to be exact!

Sounds "FUN", ay! -.-"

Haha. And the project involved some photo taking session as well. My group totally forgot to bring a camera for it. So I used my Nokia-7610-Super-Awesome-Camera-Function-Phone! (Yes, I am very proud of my baby!)

Picture time!

Pureed Meal 1: Cottage Pie with Mashed Potato and Green Beans

Pureed Meal 1 with added supplements & water and BLEND KAO KAO! >.< (I know, it looks revolting! Can totally see from my face)


Btw, i did not get to try the "meat" because it's a beef dish. (I don't eat beef, fyi) LUCKY ME!
But then again, I really can't imagine if patients were asked or forced to eat them! Ekkkkss!


Let me show you another one!


Pureed Meal 2: Roast Beef and Mixed Vegies blended with supplements. (Can anyone differentiate which is the "roast beef"?)

The answer is.............................................................................


Rubbery Grey Pancake Texture and Appearance of Roast Beef with GRAVY! @@

Sigh!

Poor hospital patients. No wonder they are malnutrition!

Daniel told me that he should stay healthy (eating healthy food and avoid too much fast food) to avoid eating hospital food. Well, I think it's true!

Everyone should stop binge drinking and/or smoking so you don't need to eat or see this food!

GAMBATEH!

----------------------------------------------------------


Oh dear. My 10 weeks C-L-I-N-I-C-A-L placement is coming! 1 week from now!! *ARGHHHHH*
I am actually super super super super nervous!

I am going to review my Nutriton Bible now!

PS: For the next few post, I am going to blog about things I did when I am in Malaysia!

See ya!

2 comments:

The Princess's Diary said...

ewwww Kim...that doesn;t look too appetising...

Unknown said...

lol!!
Cannot expect too much from a hospital food dear~!!
And else we are experimenting them!