Sunday, March 1, 2009

Finding An Engineer Boyfriend

Interesting ay!

First of all, I've been looking for "The One" who can give me the sense of secure, to at least know how to fix stuff for me when I needed help, independent and has a great sense of humour. I have enough of crappy guys! Just ONE bad experience it's ENOUGH!

Not that I demand myself wanting an engineer bf but just a random statement that I found which could make some sense here. And I think it's absolutely hilarious!

Have a look!


Let me tell you why girls should eventually marry an engineer over a Law, Management, Arts or Medical School Graduate. He has three distinct advantages over the rest of the graduates.

Advantage 1: Secure lifestyle

An engineer boyfriend can provide you with a secure lifestyle. At 27 years old, an engineer probably has a respectable, stable job that gives him a high income to own a car, invest, have a comfortable life, and get married and buy a house too. Law graduates are still working as a lowly apprentice in law firm, most management graduates have just failed on their first business plan, the arts graduate is still looking for a job, and the medical school graduate is still living in a hospital.

Advantage 2: Unmatchable industriousness

An engineer boyfriend will dedicate an unimaginable amount of his time and effort to understand you. Engineers strain really really hard to understand their work. You can believe that they will try really really hard to understand women too, just like how they understand their work, once they believe that you are the one. So even if they don't understand you. Initially, they will keep on trying. Even if they still do not understand, they will figure out the correct method to keep you happy (e.g. buy diamond ring = 1 week's worth of happiness.) And once they find out the secret formula, they will just keep on repeating it so that the desired results appear. Unlike the Lawyer who will argue with you, the Management graduate who will try to control your spending, the Arts graduate who will 'change major', and the medical school graduate who will operate on you. And you know what, it's really so easy to make engineers believe that you are the 'one'. Say that you like one of their projects and they will be hooked to you forever.

Advantage 3:

An engineer boyfriend will never betray your trust. Let me first tell you what is wrong with the rest of the others - THE LAWYERS LIE ABOUT EVERYTHING, management graduates will cheat your money, the arts graduate will flirt, and you probably just look like another cadaver to the medical school graduate. Your engineer boyfriend is either too busy to have an affair, and even if he does, he is too dumb to lie to you about that. Hence, an engineer is the most secure boyfriend that you will ever find rich enough, will keep on trying to understand and please you, has no time for affairs, and too dumb to lie to you. So girls, why procrastinate?


LOL! This might not make sense to the non-engineers but I just one to point out something. The Lawyers! I don't want to date any lawyers from now on. They are fake! Sooooooooo FAKE! I am not trying to discriminate here or something but I just dislike lawyers now. Even the lawyers going to be. I had one of the worst experience of my life with him. And he is the MOST USELESS person I've ever known!


6 comments:

Auby C said...

omg KIM
i dont knw anyone who does engineering :P

kim_me said...

hehhe~~

i know... but thats juz a random statement make... hehe

Anonymous said...

Haha this is a funny article cuz it's so true!
As a recent engineering guy graduate myself, I had absolutely no time for girls during my studies while in college haha.
I see myself spoiling the crap out of my gf though(if I can find one lol).

kim_me said...

To anonymous,

Hey, thanks for dropping by here!
awww... ur gf must be soooo lucky..
but anyway wishing u all the best n hope u find the Ms Right.

xx

Anonymous said...

Engineers always the most vulnerable to retrenchment in economy downturn, look at the past downturn ...

the higher the post, the longer time you stay at home when retrenched, so, if your BF is engineer, be ready to stay at home with him together if he got retrenched!

Puma said...

I'm a female, studying engineering...

Your article is fairly accurate....what can I say? I dig engineers!

But I'd like to point there are bad engineers that you DO NOT want to date.

When I was a freshman, I was horrendously shy, I went out with this EE guy because I figured he wouldn't do anything I couldn't handle/was to shy to handle and hey we could always talk about calculus right? Nerdy Electrical Engineering guy (sorry all normal EE's) was so awkward: WORST DATE EVER (and it was my first too)....he insulted my major (I'm in petroleum) said I wouldn't have a job in 10 years and droned on about GBU's,satellites and linux. I wasn't so angry as much as I wanted to cry. He didn't ask me a single question or say anything nice (e.g. you look nice). He had no conversational or social skills, he just seemed mean/unhuman because he kept on making all of these rude remarks about other people not being smart enough to be engineers and so if there own stupidity killed them it was natural selection.[*ahem* as a future professional engineer, the safety of anyone coming in contact with anything I design/work with is my most important responsibility]. That made me sick to my stomach. He was so cold and unkind; when he tried to hold my hand I pulled away. I told him I wasn't feeling well and asked to leave early and he just tried to 'logically rationalize' why I should stay.....I seriously was ready to cry. IT WAS AWFUL!!!! I guess I'm still upset about it. =/

Anyways, there are some very sweet, sexy and smart engineers in the world....I found mine (He's a mining engineer)!=D